The perceptions, opinions, beliefs, and attitudes expressed through social media websites and other public forums are those of employees, related individuals, and other participating users of our websites, and are not necessarily aligned with the policies, standards, and practices of the UWM School of Continuing Education. UWM SCE DOES NOT endorse any user-submitted material, content and/or links or assume any liability for any actions of participating users. We encourage your comments on our sites, and hope you will join the discussions.
The social media sites represented on UWM SCE promotional materials (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, Foursquare and Flickr) are produced and maintained by the UW-Milwaukee School of Continuing Education. Links to content or other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the organizations, entities, views or content contained therein. UWM SCE is not responsible for the content of those external websites.
UWM SCE welcomes your comments and participation on its social media sites. However, while UWM SCE does not regularly review content posted to social media sites, it shall have the right to remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, content that it deems threatening, profane, obscene, a violation of intellectual property or privacy rights, off-topic, commercial or promotion of organizations or programs not related to or affiliated with the university, or otherwise illegal. We expect participation to maintain a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language is out-of-bounds. Users are fully responsible for the content they load on any of UWM SCE's social media pages.
That's the plain English version. Here it is in legal language:
By posting any comments, posts or other material on UWM SCE sites/blogs, you give SCE the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by UWM SCE in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same note more than once or "spam."
UWM School of Continuing Education reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user's access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- Finally, you agree that you will indemnify UWM SCE against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
By submitting content to any of UWM SCE's social media sites, users understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that UWM SCE may use this information for internal and external promotional purposes. Please note that other participants may use posted information beyond the control of UW-Milwaukee. Users who do not wish to have information they have made available via these sites used, published, copied and/or reprinted, should not post on the social media sites. UWM SCE also reserves the right to amend its social media policy from time to time to address issues that may arise or changes in how UWM SCE operates. UWM SCE thanks you in advance for your participation and cooperation.
If you have any questions about this policy, our practices, or our websites, please contact us at:
UWM School of Continuing Education
161 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Ste. 6000
Milwaukee, WI 53203
Effective January 2011 | Last revised May 2014