The African American Faculty & Staff Council (AAFSC) is committed to promoting and enhancing a sense of community, equity, and professional and educational development at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Advocating for greater participation of African American faculty and staff in the leadership and decision making process of the University.
- Participating in and advocating for the recruitment, retention, and promotion of African American faculty and staff.
- Participating in and advocating for the recruitment, retention, and graduation of African American students.
- Establishing and maintaining effective lines of communication between the African American faculty, staff, and the University.
- Maintaining an ongoing professional development support group and a communication network for African American faculty and staff to keep members informed of common issues and concerns.