University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Contact Us
A-Z Sitemap
Print This Page

UWM Academic Affairs
Academic Program Planning and Review
Access to Success
Assessment and Institutional Research
Budget and Planning
Diversity and Climate
Faculty/Staff Programs
News and Events
Policies and Procedures
Research Support
  Active Learning Classrooms  
  UWM Planning Portal  
  Student Success Collaborative  
  Campus Space Planning  
  UW-Milwaukee's Digital Future  

Back to: / Campus Space Planning /


Campus Space Planning

UWM Space Planning Protocol


UWM Space Planning
Effective August 1, 2011


Protocol for Addressing University Space Needs

  1. Space requests from individuals or departments should be directed first to the dean or division head.  If the unit cannot find an appropriate solution to the request within its own space assignments a space request form should be completed.

  2. The Space Request Form can be found as a link on the Space Resources webpage.

  3. The completed form should be emailed to Karen Brucks ( Co-Chair Campus Space Planning Committee and copied to Dennis Stecker ( in the Office of Space Planning and Management.

  4. An ad hoc space committee will meet regularly to consider all space requests. The ad hoc space committee is comprised of a representative from the Office of Space Planning, the chair or designee of the Physical Environment Committee, the chair or designee of the Academic Planning and Budget Committee, the Associate Vice Chancellor for Facilities, Planning and Management, the Vice Chancellor for Research, an Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. The requesting party may be invited to the ad hoc space committee meeting to provide additional information or clarify details of the request.

This process for addressing ongoing space needs creates an advisory committee that will have in- depth knowledge of the entire University’s space needs in order to make well-informed recommendations.  Consultation will occur between the Provost, with the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administrative Affairs and the Chancellor when implementation substantially impacts other units and/or long-term planning.