1. UWM
  2. Academics
  3. Grades & Transcripts

When you enrolled at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, you started an educational record.

In addition to the personal information you provided to us when you applied, an educational record can include such things as transcripts, grades, advising reports, academic standing and enrollment status. As a student protected by the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), you have certain rights with respect to your education record, and we have certain obligations to ensure its privacy and appropriate use.

The information below will help you understand your record, your rights regarding it and how you can go about releasing information that is part of it.

Enrollment/Degree Verification
Find out how you, or agencies representing you (such as insurance companies or employers), can get documentation of your current or past enrollment, or verify a degree you've earned.

You've put in the work and now you want to know how you did. This section will point you to where you can view and print out your grades and explain the UWM grading scale.

Transcript Requests
Need to order copies of your official or unofficial undergraduate transcripts? Use this info to find out how to request your transcript online, by mail or in-person.

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, requires that you be advised of your rights concerning your education records and of certain categories of public information, which UWM has designated "directory information." Learn more about your rights here.

Academic Actions
If your GPA falls below minimum university wide standards for any grading period, you will be subject to academic action. Details about what you want to avoid can be found here!

Name/Address Changes
Get the details on how to change your name on your permanent record, where to go in PAWS to change your address, and how to restrict your information from being included in the campus directory.

PantherCard/Student ID
Get all the info on how you get a UWM PantherCard, replace a lost card and discover all the ways you can use it.

Student Right to Know
Federal regulations require all colleges and universities that participate in Title IV financial-aid funding to provide prospective and enrolled students with information about the institution's retention and graduation rates. This required information includes the percentage of students who have graduated after six years.

Addresses & Contact Information
Mailing Address
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Registrar's Office
P.O. Box 749
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0749
Street Address
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Registrar's Office
2442 E. Kenwood Blvd.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Phone: (414) 229-3800
Contact Registrar's Office