Registration is the period before and at the beginning of each term when students access PAWS (Panther Access to Web Services) to sign up for courses, make sure they are registered in the right courses and have the appropriate prerequisites, tie up loose ends and take care of other business.
Who is able to register?
All currently active UW-Milwaukee students, who do not have a negative service indicator (hold), are able to register. If you are not sure if you are an active student here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Have I attended UWM in the Past?
If the answer is no, please go to Future Students to see which option best fits you.
- Did I take classes last semester at UWM?
If the answer is no, please check out the Re-Entry section under the Future Student tab on the UWM Web.
If you are unsure about being an active UWM student, you can log onto PAWS and check. If the semester you want to register for is not listed, one of three things may be causing it to not show up:
- The semester has not been made active yet (this is a process where the Department of Enrollment services makes the semester available for all students to access)
- You are not a currently active student at UWM and should go to Future Students.
- You had intended to graduate at the end of the current semester and need to change your graduation date with graduation processing.
- Know your LOG IN and password. This will be your ePanther ID and password which is the same thing used for other panther services like PantherMail, PantherFile, etc. If you do not know or remember your ePanther ID or password, check out the epantherid.uwm.edu pages for help.
- Check your PAWS account for your Priority registration day. You can register at or after your designated registration day. Registration is available Monday-Saturday 6:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight and Sunday 12:00 noon - 12:00 midnight
- You can register for classes anywhere you have access to the Internet.
- Check and follow-up on any service indicators (holds) that may prevent you from registering.
- Review the Schedule of Classes for the most current class information.
- Check requisites (prerequisites). You will not be able to register for a class unless you meet the requisite exactly.
- Have alternate classes ready in case your classes are closed.