University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to pay dues to be a member of the UWM Alumni Association?
No. We are a dues-free organization, and all UWM graduates automatically are members of the UWM Alumni Association.   Do you have your alumni card?  Request a membership card.

How do I obtain a copy of my academic transcript?
Find out how to request your transcript on-line, by mail or in person.

I just graduated. When will I receive my diploma? What will it look like?
Approximately eight to ten weeks after commencement, your diploma and a copy of your final transcript will be mailed to your mailing address. If you need a replacement or additional diploma, contact the Department of Enrollment Services at 414-229-6571 or stop by Mellencamp Hall, room 212 for further information.

How do I update my address with the Alumni Association?
Change your contact information using the online form.

How can I find a former classmate?
Contact the UWM Alumni Association, and we’ll make the contact for you. While it is our policy to keep the address/phone/e-mail of our alumni confidential, we do like to help alumni stay in touch.

I don't live in Milwaukee. Can I still be involved in the UWM Alumni Association?
Absolutely! There are many ways to stay involved. They include taking advantage of the benefits we offer you, whether that be travel or discounts; participating in the Panther Advocates; or by joining or starting a UWM alumni chapter.

How can I make a contribution to UWM?
Your gifts to UWM directly benefit our students, faculty and academic and other programs. To learn how you can help, visit the UWM Development Office.

Does the Alumni Association offer any awards or scholarships?      
You bet. Click on Alumni Association Awards and Scholarships for complete details.