Alumni of UWM can make an appointment with a dedicated alumni career counselor to explore careers or to obtain job search support. Topics include:
- Returning to the work force after time out
- Finding out what would be a good career “fit”
- Translating your major to a career
- Work issues related to disabilities
- Changing careers after dissatisfaction or unemployment
- Pursuing a new career after 40, 50 or 60
- Honing your job search strategy
- Deciding whether to go back to school
- Assistance with resumes/cover letters/applications & interviews
To schedule an appointment with the alumni career counselor, call the UWM Career Development Center front desk at 414-229-4487.
Career appointments are available to all alumni of UWM from both undergraduate and graduate programs. Alumni can schedule a 50-minute appointment to meet in person during business hours (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.), Monday through Friday; evening appointments are also available on Mondays until 6 p.m. Phone consultations are also possible for alumni living outside the Milwaukee area. In person appointments take place at the UWM Career Development Center in Mellencamp Hall Room 128. Mellencamp Hall is located at 2442 E. Kenwood Blvd.