What is itA program that connects current UWM Economics students to UWM Economics alumni who:
- Provide career-related advice and resources
- Engage and encourage students to become active alumni and possible mentors when they graduate
Mentees and mentors will negotiate the number of contacts they plan to have during the program year and their preferred mode of contact. Economics alumni who do not live in the Milwaukee area are welcome to participate as mentors.
Benefits to Alumni
This program is a collaboration between the UWM Alumni Association and UWM Department of Economics.
- Give back to UWM
- Network with other UWM Economics alumni
- Meet student leaders, find new talent and cultivate connections.
- Learn about fields/jobs obtained with an Economics degree
- Receive resume feedback
- Discover how others have used a UWM Economics degree to build successful careers
- Practice interviewing skills
- Prepare to conduct an effective and informed job search
- Learn what employers seek in candidates
- Make contacts in organizations that interest you
- Learn how to make the most of your UWM education
Find out more:
Professor Rebecca Neumann
Department of Economics