The UWM African-American Alumni Chapter is committed to working to increase the number of African-American students going to and graduating on time from UWM. Meet the Alumni Chapter Board.
- African-American student graduation - Your African-American Alumni Chapter had a sign-up table and President Peter Robinson spoke on behalf of the chapter at this event honoring graduating African-American students May 9 in the UWM Union's Alumni Fireside Lounge.
- Thanks to everyone who took part in our Bone Marrow Registration! You can be a life-saving match for someone waiting for a bone marrow transplant.
Revitalizing the AAAA Chapter
Get involved! We could use your time and your presence as we come together and make plans for the chapter. We strive to foster promote issues that specifically impact African-Americans by offering various community-oriented, cultural and professional activities. If you can assist in re-establishing the chapter, please contact Peter Robinson, 414-229-2719.
The UWM African-American Alumni Chapter seeks to advance, support and exemplify a commitment to diversity at UWM and a sense of community among UWM African-American alumni.
The UWM African-American Alumni Chapter strives to be an inclusive group of alumni, students, friends, faculty and staff who are committed to the advancement of African Americans at UWM. The Chapter will support the school's recruitment and retention of students of under-represented ethnic groups; increase the financial support of the school among graduates/former students of color; be a network of support for graduates/former students of color, and serve as a voice within the school for the interests of current students and alumni.Objectives
- To promote the interests of its members and act for their mutual benefit
- To provide a worldwide network of African-American Alumni in support of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee which seeks to encourage and develop excellence in students
- To increase participation by African-Americans in the affairs of the University
- To contribute to the financial support of the University
- To assist in the recruitment, matriculation, retention, graduation and placement of African-American students
- To aid UWM and UWM Alumni in meeting the specific needs of African-American students, alumni and faculty
- To establish and promote the goals which strengthen the ties between the Alumni, the community and the University
- To disseminate information about UWM and its various divisions including the achievements of African-American Alumni