The Academic Opportunity Center (AOC)
educates and empowers a diverse group of students whose prior education and experiences may not have adequately prepared them for college, but who possess a commitment to higher learning. By doing so, we facilitate and support the academic growth of students and their transition and inclusion in university life.
- Provide students with an introduction to university life.
- Learn about and access campus resources such as the library, PASS, Norris Health Center, and Student Success Center.
- Assist students as they transition to their major.
- Provide intensive advising and instruction in foundation course work.
- Support existing learning communities for AOC students.