We spend at minimum one third of our days at UWM where pressures naturally from day to day work build up affecting both work outcomes as well as personal well-being. Here we propose measures that improve work life balance as well as work productivity. By adopting these measures employees and staff will be more satisfied, connected and valued for their work.
Objectives & Progress
- Promote existing UWM activities by creating a structure that allows more employees to participate. (i.e. Planetarium, work life balance events, First Fridays)
- Establish Intramural Leagues for Staff and Faculty (i.e. racquetball, basketball, running, chess, bowling )
- Create walk groups staggered around morning, lunch, and after work hours to promote health, build community and relieve stress.
- Build community and school pride by displaying school colors on campus and by wearing the colors once per month (i.e. Organized UWM Spirit Day).
- Provide free or at low cost weekly health and wellness activities for staff and faculty. Proposed classes include Tai Chi, Yoga, Zumba, Pilates and others.