“Being part of the Scholars Program is like being part of a smaller college inside of Lubar School. Students are held to a higher standard and instead of spending weeks on basic concepts, they are taught succinctly, with basic material continuously built on through in-depth analyses and discussions. Scholars students are fun, opinionated, highly motivated people who always have something to say during discussions. The Scholars classes are fun because discussions are much more animated than you would usually expect.”
Stas Krakovyak, Finance Major and Business Scholar, Class of 2009
Lubar Hall N297
To be admitted to the Business Scholars Program, the following requirements must be met.
Aspiring Business Scholars Students must complete 24 credits (the equivalent of sophomore standing) with an overall cumulative grade point average of 3.30 (on a 4.00 scale), including:
- Completion of Math 211 (or equivalent) with a grade of B or better, or AP credits in calculus;
- Completion of English 101 and 102 with a grade of B or better (or an English placement score that satisfies the requirement for English Composition at UWM);
- Completion of Economics 103 with a grade of B or better; and
- Completion of Business Administration 230 or Business Administration 231 with a B or better.
Students must also submit an application that includes a one page personal statement. Applications should be submitted to the Undergraduate Student Services Office (Lubar Hall N297) by the last day of May, prior to the start of a student’s sophomore year.
- Business Scholars students must graduate with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher in order to achieve a Business Scholars notation on their diploma and final transcript.
- Students must complete the minimum 21 credits of UWM Business Scholars course work.
- Students are required to participate in a minimum of three Business Scholars Programs or events.
- Students must complete a Scholars checkout with the Business Scholars Academic Advisor during their final semester before graduation.