Career Services Center
Lubar Hall N203
University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
Sheldon B. Lubar
School of Business
P.O. Box 742
Milwaukee, WI 53201
The Lubar School of Business hosts an annual Career Fair each February! The 13th Annual Career Fair will be held on Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 from 1:00pm-4:30pm in Lubar Hall. The Career Fair offers Lubar students the opportunity to meet with employers from various industries, discuss internship and full-time employment opportunities and distribute their resumes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who Should Attend the Career Fair?
- ALL LUBAR STUDENTS! Whether you are an undecided freshman, a junior looking for an internship, or a senior close to graduation, you can benefit from attending this event.
What are the Benefits of Attending?
- Learn about career opportunities available for different business majors.
- Explore internships, co-ops, part-time jobs and full-time employment opportunities.
- Speak with employers from a variety of industries and discuss the skill sets needed in job candidates.
- Practice speaking professionally and expand your career network.
- Gather first-hand knowledge on responsibilities associated with specific jobs and companies.
How Should I Prepare for the Career Fair?
- Have your resume reviewed by a Career Advisor to ensure you are selling yourself appropriately.
- Bring several copies of your resume in a professional folder to the event.
- Research the companies that you have an interest in talking with prior to the fair.
- Develop your introduction to employers to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Generate questions you would ask recruiters regarding their company.
- Dress professionally to make a positive first impression with employers.
As the Career Fair approaches in February, stop into the Career Services office to learn more about which companies will be attending. The following list includes the names of several companies who frequently recruit Lubar students.
BMO Harris Bank
Briggs & Stratton Corp.
Chortek & Gottschalk
Dieringer Research Group
Ernst & Young
Extendicare Health Services
Generac Power Systems, Inc.
Harley-Davidson Motor Co.
Journal Sentinel, Inc.
Kohl's Department Stores
Lowe's Department Stores
Master Lock Co.
Medical College of Wisconsin
Penske Truck Leasing
Phoenix Marketing Group
Robert W. Baird
Schenck Business Solutions
SVA Certified Public Accountants
U.S. Bancorp Fund Services
Vogel Consulting Group
Wells Capital Management
Wells Fargo Financial
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Wisconsin Legislative Audit Bureau