Event: SAS Day @ UWM
The second annual SAS Day @ UWM event will be held on Friday, October 17th at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
Speakers from the SAS Institute, Inc., the private sector, and academia will visit UWM to discuss topics including Big Data in Health Care, Communication-Effective Data Visualization, Analyses of Customer Satisfaction Surveys, Text Analytics, Customer Segmentation Techniques, Predictive Modeling, and Visual Analytics.
At this event, you will:
• Hear from Dr. LeRoy Bessler, Visual Data Insights, Division of Bessler Consulting and Research, who will present on “Communication-Effective Data Visualization”, and Dr. Daniel Fuhrmann, Associate Scientist and Statistician at Center for Applied Behavioral Health Research, UWM, who will present on “Visualization of Timeline Followback Data.”
• Enjoy the keynote talk from Christian Nimsch, Chief Strategist and Head, Center for Health Analytics and Insights, SAS Institute Inc., who will discuss trends driving big data in healthcare, highlight healthcare data sources and how they are integrated, present cutting-edge applications in the visualization, exploration, and analysis of big data, and opportunities and challenges in big data (The “New-Old” Gold Rush).
• See presentations from analytics experts at We Energies on “Customer Segmentation Techniques” (Tanya Petrovic, Analytics Specialist, and Peggy Clippert, Manager Analytics) and “Customer Satisfaction Survey Data Analysis” (Ana Belen Duran Lopez, Research Specialist, and Linda Chaloupka, Manager Customer Insights).
• Gain insight into “Visual Analytics, Text Analytics, and Predictive Modeling” projects of staff from the Center for Health Analytics and Insights, SAS Institute Inc. – delivered via live webinar.
• Get a brief overview of UWM’s “Graduate Certificate in Applied Data Analysis Using SAS®.”
• Discuss opportunities for collaborative projects between our students and your organization.
Also, the SAS® Day @ UWM event is an excellent opportunity to introduce students to SAS® experts across the region, allow them to begin building their professional networks, and give them a look at real-world careers available to them in Analytics.
Friday, October 17th , 2014, from 8:00am - 4:30pm. Continental Breakfast provided.
University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee
Zelazo Center, Room 250
2419 E. Kenwood Blvd.
Milwaukee, WI 53211
Attendance is $40 for Non-Academics and $20 for academics. To RSVP, please go to our event registration website
For more information about the event, please contact Dr. Daniel Fuhrmann at email@example.com or 414-229-5176.