The Cultures and Communities Certificate Program: Education for the 21st Century
The Culture and Communities Certificate (CC) program is an exciting way for students to organize their general education requirements. By taking at least 15 credits of GER courses that are affiliated with CC, students can meet these requirements PLUS earn an additional Certificate (the equivalent of an interdisciplinary Minor). Courses are available in the Arts, Humanities, Natural Sciences, and Social Sciences, and include many Cultural Diversity classes. Students from any UWM School, college or major can elect the Certificate as part of their undergraduate degree.
Through the Certificate Program students can:
- Meet other students with similar interests in diversity and community engagement
- Bridge what you are learning in the classroom to real world experiences
- Make connections in Milwaukee’s various neighborhoods and communities
- Strengthen your multicultural preparation for careers in Education, Business, the Arts, Government, Social Work, and Health Sciences
- Get help focusing your choice of GER courses in a meaningful way
To get started, contact the Certificate Coordinator and download our advising form.
Student Employment Opportunities
The Cultures and Communities Certificate Program provides employment opportunities to both undergraduate and graduate students. Check our website periodically for job postings or contact our Business Manager, Brenda Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, 414 229-5960.