Salary Surveys, Requirements, and Negotiations
The issue of salary may be addressed by the employer at almost any stage of the job search process. Some may ask the dreaded question "What are your salary requirements?" within an application, during the interview, or wait until a job offer is made. Therefore, you need to be prepared for how to answer this question before you even begin the job search and interviewing process.
- Salary Wizard. Search for salaries by job titles and U.S. cities.
- America's Career Info Net. Compare the state and national salaries for various jobs.
- NACE Salary Calculator. Salary guides for college grads by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
- International Salary Calculator. Search for salaries by job titles and international cities.
Addressing Salary Requirements and History Questions
- Play to Win the Salary Requirements Game
- Salary Requirement Resources
- Responding to Requests for Salary Requirements or Histories
- Handling Salary History and Salary Requirements
- Salary History Versus Salary Requirements
Salary Negotiation Strategies
- Salary Negotiation Resources for Recent College Graduates
- Successful Salary and Job Offer Negotiation
- Making Decisions and Negotiating Details
These video resources are available for viewing in the Career Development Center.
- Effective Answers to Interview Questions
- The Interview II - Answering Problem Interview Questions
These print resources are available for viewing in the Career Development Center.
- Negotiating Your Salary: How to Make $1,000 a Minute
- Dynamite Salary Negotiations