Community Design Solutions
"Community Design Solutions represents a unique opportunity to bring together the best minds from the University and the surrounding neighborhoods to focus on their collective insight on the physical issues that affect our everyday life"
- Robert Greenstreet, CDS Founder and UWM School of Architecture & Urban Planning Dean
In 2000, CDS was founded by UW-Milwaukee as a provider of preliminary design and planning services to underserved Wisconsin communities and a promoter of research and instruction concerning public interest planning and architecture. Its goals are to
- Be a Catalyst for positive physical change in areas with insufficient access to design and planning services
- Form Partnerships that promote our mission
- Stimulate funding & construction where they are most needed
- Research, Inform & Improve the existing design and construction process