About Community Design Solutions
To improve the quality of life in Wisconsin through physical change to the environment and refinement of decision making processes effecting the environment.
- Be a Catalyst for positive physical change in areas that have insufficient access to design and planning services
- Form Partnerships that promote our mission
- Stimulate funding & construction where they are most needed
- Inform & Stimulate the existing design and construction process
Housed in the School of Architecture & Urban Planning on the UWM Campus, CDS accomplishes its objectives in two major ways.
- Provides, upon request, design and planning services, education, and training to underserved non-profit groups in Wisconsin
- Supports community-based applied research into design and/or planning related issues