Graduate Internship Program
The main objective of the graduate internship program is to provide a student with balanced training during his/her early years of professional development. The program is designed to expand academic learning beyond the traditional classroom and laboratory setting, combining both the art and the science of engineering and computer science.
The College of Engineering & Applied Science has created an opportunity to develop expertise in the specific technical needs of industry through the graduate internship program. In this program, high achieving, entering graduate students are recruited locally and nationally to work directly with industry in specific areas of need while completing their graduate studies at UWM.
Benefits for Students:
- Challenging work experience with nationally and internationally known companies
- Gain a master’s degree while staying in touch with industry needs
- Network and develop contacts for full-time positions after graduation
Benefits for Employers
- Enhances recruitment
- Improves retention
- Promotes college relations
- Provides a good source of labor supply
- Opportunity to better utilize permanent employees
For more information contact:
Juli Pickering, Director of Career Services