Non Degree Candidate Registration
Dear Prospective Student:
If you have completed a bachelor’s degree and would like to enroll in graduate courses but are not sure about pursuing a graduate degree, enroll as a Graduate Special Student (Non Degree Candidate). Many of the courses leading towards the various master’s degrees and the doctoral degree are offered in the late afternoon or evening; thus students can complete much of their coursework on a part time basis.
Follow the easy steps below to enroll as a non-degree student and to register for classes:
Apply for admission as a non-degree student
- Application will be processed in 2-3 business days. The applicant receives acknowledgement, a student ID number and e-Panther ID for e-mail.
- New Users: Register for a Login ID and Password (Demo version allows applicant to try without submitting the application)
Engineering and Computer Science Courses
Register for classes
- Quicklinks PAWS (Panther Access to Web Services) and begin to register for classes
- As a special student, courses can be taken upon approval of the individual instructor
Help is always available by calling 229-4040 – The Student Help Desk.
Will Credits taken as Special (NDC) Student transfer into a Graduate Program?
If you decide to apply to the masters program, the maximum number of transfer credits allowable is the higher of (a) 12 semester credits or (b) 40% of the total number of credits required for graduation. To qualify, the work must meet the following criteria:
- Graduate level, from an accredited institution
- Taken within five years of admission to the UWM degree program
- Not have been used to meet previous degree requirements
- Grade of B or better (B- is not acceptable)
- Approved by your graduate program unit
For more information, including requirements for the PhD program, contact the Engineering Graduate Program Office at 229-6169 or e-mail email@example.com