Integrated Bachelor of Science - Master of Science Program
To encourage outstanding undergraduate engineering and computer science students to continue their studies toward an advanced degree, the College of Engineering & Applied Science allows qualified students to begin their master’s degree course work in their senior year. Students admitted to the Integrated Program take six graduate credits as part of the BS degree requirements.
The Integrate Program offers three principle advantages over the standard MS Program:
- Less time - total credits are reduced by six credits.
- Less cost – pay undergraduate tuition instead of graduate tuition for the first six credits.
- No GRE – students admitted to the Integrated Program are not required to take the GRE exam for admission to the Graduate School.
- Currently enrolled in the undergraduate computer science or engineering program
- 3.2 cumulative GPA or higher
- 36 credits or less remaining for BS degree
- Meet with a faculty advisor in your department to develop an Integrated BS-MS Program of Study (Forms are available in EMS E386 or E379). Ideally you should meet with a faculty advisor in the 2nd semester of the Junior year and start graduate courses in the Senior year. You must be admitted to the Integrated BS-MS Program prior to the start of your final undergraduate semester.
- Submit the proposed Integrated BS-MS Program of Study to the CEAS Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and Research (EMS E379).
- If your Program of Study is approved by the Associate Dean, register for two graduate-level courses (six credits) in your senior year. If a course has U/G status, you must follow the syllabus and grading scale designated for graduate students.
- At the beginning of your last undergraduate semester, you need to formally apply to the Graduate School online at www.graduateschool.uwm.edu. Submit a copy of your approved Integrated BS-MS Program of Study to the Graduate School with your application.
Once admitted to the Integrated BS-MS, you are required to meet the academic standards of the Graduate School. For details on Graduate School policies and procedures go to the Graduate School website: www.graduateschool.uwm.edu/students/policies/.
UWM College of Engineering & Applied Science
Graduate Programs & Research Office
Location: EMS E379
Phone: (414) 229-6169