Ph.D. – Materials Science and Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2004
M.S. – Materials Science and Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2002
B.S. – Metallurgical Engineering, Michigan Technological University, 1997
Alloys for fuel cell applications; high temperature oxidation and corrosion; novel processing of ceramics, metals, and composites; physical metallurgy; brazing; thermal analysis of materials; thermodynamics; processing-structure-property relations; electron microscopy; x-ray diffraction.
- Z. Bao, M.R. Weatherspoon, S. Shian, Y. Cia, P.D. Graham, S.M. Allan, G Ahmad, M.B. Dickerson, B.C. Church, Z. Kang, H.W. Abernathy III, C.J. Summers, L. Meilin, and K.H. Sandhage, (2007). “Chemical reduction of three-dimensional silica micro-assemblies into microporous silicon replicas,” Nature, 446 (7132) pp. 172-175
- B.C. Church, T.H. Sanders, Jr., and R.F. Speyer, J.K. Cochran; “Thermal Expansion Matching and Oxidation Resistance of Fe-Ni-Cr Interconnect Alloys,” Materials Science and Engineering A vol .452-453 (2007) pp. 334-340.
- M.D. Trexler, B.C. Church, and T.H. Sanders, Jr.; "Determination of the Ni3(Ti,Al) Solvus Boundary in a Directionally Solidified Superalloy,” Scripta Materialia vol. 55 no. 6 (2006) pp. 561-564.
- G. Ahmad, M.B. Dickerson, B.C. Church, Y. Cai, S.E. Jones, R. R. Naik, J.S. King, C.J. Summers, N. Kröger, and K.H. Sandhage; "Rapid, Room-Temperature Formation of Crystalline Calcium Molybdate Phosphor Microparticles via Peptide-Induced Precipitation,” Advanced Materials vol. 18 (2006) pp. 1759-1763.
- B.C. Church, T.H. Sanders, Jr., R.F. Speyer, and J.K. Cochran; “Interconnect Thermal Expansion Matching to Solid Oxide Fuel Cells,” Journal of Materials Science vol. 40 no. 8 (2005) pp. 4893-4898.
- B.C. Church, T.H. Sanders, Jr., and J.K. Cochran; "Copper Alloys from Metal Oxide Precursors for High Conductivity Applications," Materials and Manufacturing Processes vol. 19 no. 5 (2004) pp. 813-837.
- B.C. Church, T.H. Sanders, Jr., and R.F. Speyer; “Synthesis of Ni-CaO from Selective Reduction of Oxide Precursors,” TMS Letters vol. 1 no. 3 (2004) pp. 63-64.