Ph.D., Civil Engineering, emphasis on Transportation, Northwestern University, 1968
M.S., Civil Engineering, emphasis on Transportation, Northwestern University, 1966
B.S., Civil Engineering, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1964
Transportation engineering, public transit, transportation planning, municipal engineering, land use, technology transfer.
- Edward A. Beimborn, Zhong-Ren Peng, and M. Neluheni, "A Framework and Methods for Evaluation of Benefits of Intelligent Transportation Systems," Transportation Research Board Record 1777, 2001, also in Proceedings (CD-ROM), 6th International Conference on Advanced Applications of Advanced Technology in Transportation Engineering, Singapore, June, 2000, Paper #1093.
- Edward A. Beimborn, "Reflections," in The Politics of Congestion Essays in Public Works History #20, Public Works Historical Society, December 2000.
- Edward A. Beimborn, Zhong-Ren Peng, Richard Zygowicz and Simi Octania, "Benefit Analysis of Automated Vehicle Location Systems for Small Transit Agencies," Proceedings (CD-ROM), 6th International Conference on Advanced Applications of Advanced Technology in Transportation Engineering, Singapore, June, 2000, Paper #1094; also appeared in Papers from the Institute of Transportation Engineers, District IV Annual Conference, Chicago, July, 2000.
- Edward A. Beimborn, Alan J. Horowitz, Smitha Vijayan, and Melissa Bordewin, "Alternative State Approaches to Transportation Land use Interactions," Proceedings, Keep America Growing Conference, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, June, 1999 (CD-ROM); also to appear in Proceedings, Transportation Research Board, Conference on Statewide Transportation Planning, Girdwood, Arkansas, July, 1999.
- Edward A. Beimborn and J. Meyer "An Analysis of the Usage, Impacts and Benefits of an Innovative Transit Pass Program," Transportation Research Board Record 1618, September, 1998; also presented at the 8th World Conference on Transportation Research, Antwerp, Belgium, July 1998.
- Edward A. Beimborn and Zhong-Ren Peng, "Internet GIS: Transportation Applications," Transportation Research News, Number 195, March-April 1998, pp. 22-26.