Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Michigan State University, August, 1991
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Southern Methodist University, June, 1988
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Lehigh University, June, 1986
Nanoelectromagnetics and electromagnetics of carbon nanotubes,
electromagnetic wave phenomena in layered media; integrated
transmission lines, waveguides and antennas; leaky waves; mathematical
methods in electromagnetics.
- Operator Theory for Electromagnetics-An Introduction George W. Hanson and Alexander B. Yakovlev, Springer, 2002.
- Fundamentals of Nanoelectronics, George W. Hanson, Prentice-Hall, 2007.
- G.W. Hanson, "On the Applicability of the Surface Impedance
Integral Equation for Optical and Near Infrared Dipoles," IEEE Trans.
Antennas Propagat., v. 54, pp. 3677-3685, Dec. 2006.
- J. Hao and G.W. Hanson, "Infrared and Optical Properties of
Carbon Nanotube Dipole Antennas," IEEE Trans. Nanotechnology, v. 5, pp.
766-775, Nov. 2006.
- J. Hao and G.W. Hanson, "Electromagnetic Scattering from
Finite-Length Metallic Carbon Nanotubes in the Lower IR Bands," Phys.
Rev. B, v. 74, pp. 035119 (1-6), 2006.
- G.W. Hanson, "Fundamental Transmitting Properties of Carbon
Nanotube Antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., v. 53, pp.
3426-3435, Nov. 2005.
- E.M. Kartchevski, A.I. Nosich, and G.W. Hanson,
"Mathematical Analysis of the Generalized Natural Modes of an
Inhomogeneous Optical Fiber," Siam Journal of Applied Mathematics, v.
65, n. 6, pp. 2033-2048, 2005.
- G.W. Hanson, "Current on an Infinitely-Long Carbon Nanotube Antenna
Excited by a Gap Generator," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., v.
54, pp. 76-81, Jan. 2006.
- G.W. Hanson, A.B. Yakovlev, and W. Elliott Hutchcraft, " Leaky
Excitation on Three-Dimensional Via-Fed Printed Interconnects,"
Science, v. 40, RS6S08, doi:10.1029/2004RS003168, 2005.
- G.W. Hanson, "Dyadic Green's Function for Planar Media –
Eigenfunction Approach," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., v. 52,
3350-3356, Dec. 2004.
- G.W. Hanson, "Dyadic Eigenfunctions and Natural Modes for Hybrid
in Planar Media," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., v. 52, pp. 941-947,