Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh, 2003
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, St. Petersburg State Technical University, Russia, 1999
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, St. Petersburg State Technical University, Russia, 1997
- Advanced modeling techniques for solving multiphysics problems
- Reduced-order and real-time coupled-field simulations
- Design and characterization of micro-mechanical sensors and actuators
- Computational biomechanics
- Finite element method
- Fiber Bragg gratings
There are several open Research Assistant positions available in Professor Avdeevís lab for graduate students with strong interests in any of the following areas: computational biomechanics, coupled-field simulations, advanced finite element methods, sensor design and MEMS.
- I. Avdeev and M. Lovell "On Modeling Electric Fields for Microscale Cell Manipulation," Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Technology and Applications in Biomedicine (ITAB-2009), Larnaca, Cyprus (accepted).
- C.M. Jewart, K.P. Chen, I. Avdeev, A. Michie, P. Hambley and J. Canning, “Torsion of Air-hole Microstructured Fiber Devices under Large Defection,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Optical Fiber Sensors (OFS-20), Edinburgh, UK (accepted).
- C. Jewart, K. Chen, B. McMillen, M. Bails, S. Levitan, J. Canning and I. Avdeev, “Sensitivity enhancement of fiber Bragg gratings to transverse stress by using microstructural fibers,” Optics Letters, V. 31, No. 15, pp. 2260-2262 (2006).
- M. Bails, J. Martinez, S. Levitan, J. Boles, I. Avdeev, M. Lovell and D. Chiarulli, “Performance Simulation of a Microwave Micro-Electromechanical System Shunt Switch Using Chatoyant,” Analog Integrated Circuits and Signal Processing, V. 44, pp. 1-18 (2005).
- I. Avdeev, M. Gyimesi, M. Lovell and D. Ostergaard, “Strongly Coupled 3-D Finite Element Transducer,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, V.14, pp. 1491-1502 (2004).
- M. Gyimesi, I. Avdeev and D. Ostergaard, “Finite Element Simulation of Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) by Strongly Coupled Electro Mechanical Transducers,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, V.40, N2, pp. 557-560 (2004).
- I.V. Avdeev, M.R. Lovell and D. Onipede, Jr., “Modeling In-Plane Misalignments in Lateral Combdrive Transducers,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, V.13, pp. 809-815 (2003).
- J.S. Vipperman, D. Li, I. Avdeev and S.A. Lane, “Investigation of the Sound Transmission into an Advanced Grid-Stiffened Structure,” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, V.125, N3, pp. 257-266
- D. Onipede, I Avdeev and G. Sterlacci, “Finite Element Modeling of Smart Composite Plates Reinforced by NiTi Shape Memory Alloy Wires,” Proceedings of SPIE, Vol. 4348, pp. 328-337 (2000).