Ph.D. - Environmental Engineering, University of Cincinnati, 2001
M.S. - Chemical Engineering, Zhejiang University, 1996
B.S. - Environmental Engineering, Zhejiang University, 1994
Fate and Transport of Microbial Pollutants in the Environment, Water
and Wastewater Treatment; Microbial Biofilm; Hazardous Waste Treatment
- Walczak1, J.J., Wang L.X., Feriancikova1, L., Li, J and Xu, S.P., “Effects of desiccation on the survival and transport of E. coli K12 in saturated porous media”, Air Water and Soil Pollution (accepted)
- Walczak1, J.J., Wang L.X., Bardy S. L., Feriancikova1, L., Li, J and Xu, S.P., “The effects of starvation on the transport of Escherichia coli in saturated porous media are dependent on pH and ionic strength”, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces (accepted).
- Yamazaki, A., Li, J., Zeng, Q., Khokhani, D., Yost, A. C., Biddle, E., Toone, E. J., Chen, X., Yang, C. H., 2012, “Derivatives of plant phenolic compounds affect the type III secretion system of Pseudomonas aeruginosa via a GACs/GACa two component transduction”, Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 56(1): 36-43.
- Wang, L.X., Xu, S.P., Li, J., 2011, “Effects of phosphate on the transport of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in saturated quartz sand”, Environmental Science and Technology, 45: 9566–9573.
- Okwadha, G., Li, J. 2011 “Biocontainment of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) on flat concrete surfaces by microbial carbonate precipitation”, Journal of Environmental Management, 92: 2860-2864.
- Gao, D.W., An, R., Tao, Y., Li, J., Li, X. X., Ren, N. Q. 2011, “Simultaneous methane production and wastewater reuse by a membrane-based process: Evaluation with raw domestic wastewater”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 186: 383-389.
- Yamazaki, A., Li, J., Hutchins, W. C., Wang, L., Ma, J., Ibekwe, A.M., Yang, CH, 2011, “Commensal effect of pectate lyases secreted from Dickeya dadantii on the poliferation of Escherichia coli O157:H7 EDL933 on lettuce leaves”, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 77(1): 156-162.
- Liu, Y., Soonthornnonda, P., Li, J. and Christensen, E. R. 2011. “Stormwater runoff characterized by GIS determined of source areas and runoff volumes”. Environmental Management, 47:201-217.
- Okwadha, G., Li, J., 2010, “Optimum conditions for microbial carbonate precipitation”. Chemosphere, 81:1143-1148.
- Okwadha, G., Li, J., Ramme, B., Kollakowsky, D. and Michaud, D. 2009，“Thermal removal of mercury in powdered activated carbon (PAC) from TOXECON process”, ASCE Journal of Environmental Engineering, 135(10), 1032–1040.
- Sharma K.; Liu H.; Lau B.; Li J.; Yu T.; Liu Y. 2009, “Biological fixed film systems”, Water Environment Research, 81(10), 1194–1216.
- Liu, Y., Li, J. 2008, “Role of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm in the initial adhesion, growth and detachment of Escherichia coli in porous media”, Environmental Science and Technology,42(2), 443–449.
- Liu, Y., Yang, C.-H., Li, J. 2008, “Adhesion and retention of a bacterial phytopathogen Erwinia chrysanthemi in biofilm-coated porous media”, Environmental Science and Technology, 42(1), 159–165.
- Soonthornnonda, P., Christensen, E. R., Liu, Y., and Li. J. 2008, “A washoff model for stormwater pollutants”, Science of the Total Environment, 402(2-3), 248-256.
- Liu, Y., Yang, C.-H., Li, J. 2007, “Influence of extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) on Pseudomonas aeruginosa transport and deposition in porous media”, Environmental Science and Technology, 41: 198-205.
- Liu, Y., Li, J., Qiu, X. and Burda, C. 2007, “Bactericidal activity of nitrogen-doped metal oxides nanocatalysts and the influence of bacterial extracellular polymeric substances (EPS)”, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 190: 94-100.
- Liu, Y., Li, J., Qiu, X. and Burda, C. 2006, “Novel TiO2 nanocatalysts for wastewater purification-tapping energy from the sun”, Water Science and Technology, 54(8): 47-54.
- Li, J., McLellan, S. L. and Ogawa, S. 2006, “Accumulation and fate of green fluorescent labeled Escherichia coli in biofilms in laboratory-scale drinking water biofilters,” Water Research, 40: 3023-3028.
- Liu, Y., Chen, X. Li, J., and Burda, C. 2005, “Photocatalytic degradation of azo dyes by nitrogen doped TiO2 nanocatalysts,” Chemosphere, 61(1): 11-18.
- Li, J., Gao, X., Goeckner, B., Kollakowsky, D. and Ramme, B. 2005, “A pilot study of mercury liberation and capture from coal-fired power plant fly ash”, Journal of the Air and Waste Management Association. 55: 258-264.