- Ph.D., Research Institute of Concrete and Reinforced Concrete (NIIZhB), Russia, 1993
- BS/MS (summa cum laude), Moscow State Civil Engineering University (MISI-MGSU), Russia, 1988.
High-performance cement based composites, application of nanomaterials in construction, waste utilization.
- Sobolev K. and Batrakov V., The Effect of a Polyethylhydrosiloxane Admixture on the Durability of Concrete with Supplementary Cementitious Materials. ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (in press).
- Albayrak M., Aras A., Arikan M., and Sobolev K., Evaluation of Selected Kaolins as a Raw Material for the Turkish Cement and Concrete Industry. Clays and Clay Minerals (in press).
- Sobolev K., Türker P., Soboleva S., and Iscioglu G., Utilization of Waste Glass in Eco-Cement: Properties and Microstructural Observations. Waste Management, Vol. 27, No. 7, 2007, pp. 971-976.
- Sobolev K. and Amirjanov A., The Simulation of Particulate Materials Packing based on the Solid Suspension Model. Advanced Powder Technology, Vol. 18, No. 3, 2007.
- Amirjanov A. and Sobolev K., Fractal Properties of Dense Packing of Spherical Particles. Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 14, 2006, pp. 789-798.
- Sobolev K. and Ferrada-Gutiérrez M., How Nanotechnology Can Change the Concrete World: Part 2. American Ceramic Society Bulletin, No. 11, 2005, pp. 16-19.
- Sobolev K. and Ferrada-Gutiérrez M., How Nanotechnology Can Change the Concrete World: Part 1. American Ceramic Society Bulletin, No. 10, 2005, pp. 14-17.
- Sobolev K., Mechano-Chemical Modification of Cement with High Volumes of Blast Furnace Slag. Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 27, No. 7-8, 2005, pp. 848-853.
- Sobolev K., The Development of a New Method for the Proportioning of High-Performance Concrete Mixtures. Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 26, No. 7, 2004, pp. 901-907.