Ph.D. - Mechanical Engineering, University of California at Davis, 1980
M.S. - Mechanical Engineering, Waseda University, 1975
B.S. - Mechanical Engineering, Waseda University, 1973
Computational Fluid Dynamics; Turbomachinery; Rotating Machines;
Heat/Mass Transfer; Metal Matrix Composites; Environmental Remedial
Technology; Micro-Biological Transport Phenomena; Aerodynamics;
- Lee, E.K., Amano, R.S., and Rohatgi, P.K., “Metal Matrix Composite Solidification in the Presence of Cooled Fibers: Numerical Simulation and Experimental Observation,” Int. J. Heat & Mass Transfer, Vol. 43, 2007, pp. 741-748.
- Sun, D. and Amano, R.S., “An Interaction with a Sonic Injection Jet with a Supersonic Turbulent Flow Approaching a Re-entry Vehicle to Atmosphere,” Advances in Heat Transfer, 2006, pp. 65-76, Invited Contribution, ISBN: 1-84564-176-0, WIT Press, UK.
- Xiao, Y. and Amano, R.S., “Aluminized Composite Solid Propellant Particle Path In Combustion Chamber Of Solid Rocket Motor,” Advances in Fluid Mechanics, 2006, pp. 153-164, ISBN: 1-84564-163-9, WIT Press, UK
- Chen, Q., Amano, R.S., and Xin, M., “Experimental Study Of Flow Patterns And Regimes Of Condensation In Horizontal Three-Dimensional Micro-Fin Tubes,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 43, 2006, pp. 201-206.
- Amano, R.S. and Song, B., “Chapter 9—Simulation of Turbulent Flow in a Duct With and Without Rotation – Cooling Passage of Gas Turbine Blades " Modeling and Simulation of Turbulent Heat Transfer, 2005, pp. 315-348, Invited Contribution, ISBN: 1-85312-956-9, ISSN: 1369-7331, WIT Press, UK.
- Xiao, Y., Amano, R.S., Cai, T., and Li, J., “A New Method to Determine the Velocities of Particles on a Solid-Propellant Surface,” ASME Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol. 127, 2005, pp. 1057-1061.
- Chon, W.C. and Amano, R.S., “Investigation of Flow Behavior around Co-Rotating Blades in a Double-Spindle Lawn Mower Deck, International Journal of Rotating Machinery, Vol. 1, 2005, pp. 77-89.