Ph.D., Industrial Engineering, University of South Florida, 2009
M.S., Industrial Engineering, University of South Florida, 2005
B.E. , Industrial Engineering & Management, Visweswariah Technological University, India, 2002
Energy and Environmental policy modeling
Restructured energy market modeling
Reinforcement learning (Simulation-based Optimization)
Stochastic optimization and Applied probability
K-12 Engineering and Science Education
Refereed Journal Publications
Nanduri, V., Das, T. K., and Rocha, P., “Generation Capacity Expansion in Energy Markets
Using a Two-Level Game-Theoretic Model,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Volume
24, No.3, pp 1165-1172, August, 2009.
Nanduri, V. and Das, T. K., “A Reinforcement Learning Approach for obtaining the Nash
Equilibrium of Multi-player Matrix Games,” IIE Transactions, Volume 41, pp 158-167, February
Nanduri, V. and Das, T. K., “A Survey of Critical Research Areas in the Energy Segment of
Restructured Electricity Markets,” Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Volume 31, No. 5,
pp 181-191, June 2009. (listed as #2 on ScienceDirect in Most Downloaded Articles for
Nanduri, V. and Das, T. K., “A Reinforcement Learning Model to Assess Market Power under
Auction-Based Energy Pricing,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Volume 22, No. 1,
pp 85-95, February 2007.
Nanduri, V., Otieno, W., Das, T. K., Savachkin, A., and Okogbaa, G. “Mentor Teacher Workshops: Train-the-Trainer Model of the USF STARS GK-12 Program,” Journal of Florida Association of Science Teachers, 2009.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Nanduri, V. and Das, T. K., “A game theoretic approach for generation capacity expansion in restructured power markets,” IEEE Power & Energy Society Proceedings, July 2008 (Invited Paper).
Awards and Honors
- USF Outstanding Dissertation Award, 2009
- 1st prize, IIE Graduate Research Award for Best Master’s Thesis, 2006
- Best Paper award in Energy Sponsored Sessions of INFORMS Annual Meeting, Seattle, 2007 (award presented in INFORMS 2008 Annual Meeting)
- INFORMS Judith Liebman Award for outstanding contributions to the USF Student Chapter of INFORMS (award presented in INFORMS 2008 Annual Meeting)
- Distinguished Graduate Achievement Award, Univ. of South Florida, 2008
- Selected for membership in Alpha Pi Mu (Industrial Engineering Honor Society)