Ph.D. - Biological Engineering, Inha University (Republic of Korea), 2001
M.S. - Biological Engineering, Inha University (Republic of Korea), 1996
B.E. - Biological Engineering, Inha University (Republic of Korea), 1994
- Electrical & Computer Engineering, Purdue University, 2002-2003
- Chemistry, POSTECH (Republic of Korea), 2001-2002
- Research Scholar, Micro Nanotechnology Laboratory, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2008-2011
- Research Professor, ERC for Advanced Bioseparation Technology (Republic of Korea), 2003-2008
- Biosensor, BioMEMS and microfluidic device development,
- Field effect transistor (FET) biosensor,
- Microfluidic aqueous two-phase extraction system,
- Microfluidic cell culture and monitoring,
- Micro-droplet-based high throughput screening technology
- Water contamination and quality monitoring,
- Dissolved gas sensing,
- Cell separation and identification including human stem cells,
- Cell surface analysis,
- Real-time bioreaction monitoring,
- Rapid pathogenic microorganisms detection
- Woo-Jin Chang, Ho-Jun Suk, A. K. M. Newaz, Kirk D.Wallace, Samuel A. Wickline, Stuart A. Solin, Rashid Bashir, “Fluidic measurement of electric field sensitivity of Ti-GaAs Schottky junction gated field effect biosensors”, Biomedical Microdevices, 12, 849-854, 2010.
- A. K. M. Newaz, W.-J. Chang, K. D. Wallace, L. C. Edge, S. A. Wickline, R. Bashir, A. M. Gilbertson, L. F. Cohen, and S. A. Solin, “A nanoscale Ti/GaAs metal-semiconductor hybrid sensor for room temperature light detection”, Appl. Physics Lett., 97, 082105, 2010.
- Sang Hyun Baek, Woo-Jin Chang, Ju-Yeoul Baek, Dae Sung Yoon, Rashid Bashir, Sang Woo Lee, “Dielectrophoretic technique for measurement of chemical and biological interactions”, Anal. Chem., 81, 7737-7742, 2009 (selected as a cover article)
- Sang Hyun Lee, Dung Thanh Dang, Sung Ho Ha, Woo-Jin Chang, Yoon-Mo Koo, “Lipase-catalyzed synthesis of fatty acid sugar ester using extremely supersaturated sugar solution in ionic liquids”, Biotechnol. & Bioeng., 99(1), 1-8, 2008.
- Yi-Shao Liu, T. M. Walter, Woo-Jin Chang, Kwan-Seop Lim, Liju Yang, S. W. Lee, A. Aronson, R. Bashir, “Electrical detection of germination of model Bacillus anthracis spores in microfluidic biochips”, Lab-on-a-chip, 7, 603-610, 2007.
- Hye-Mee Park, Sang-Woo Lee, Woo-Jin Chang, Yoon-Mo Koo, “Affinity separation by protein conjugated IgG in aqueous two-phase systems using horseradish peroxidase as a ligand carrier”, J. Chromatogr. B, 856, 108-112, 2007.
- Thuan-Hieu Tran, Woo-Jin Chang, Young-Bum Kim, Yoon-Mo Koo, Eun-Ki Kim, Jin-Hwan Kim, “The effect of fluidic conditions on the continuous-flow bioluminescent detection of ATP in a microfluidic device”, Biotechnol. Bioproc. Eng., 12, 470-474, 2007.
- Ki-Hwan Nam, Woo-Jin Chang, Hyejin Hong, Sang-Min Lim, Dong-Il Kim, Yoon-Mo Koo, “Continuous-flow fractionation of animal cells in microfluidic devices using aqueous two-phase extraction”, Biomedical Microdevices, 7(3), 189-195, 2005.
- Kyung Won Ro, Woo-Jin Chang, Ho Kim, Yoon-Mo Koo, Jong Hoon Hahn, “Capillary electrochromatography and preconcentration of neutral compounds on poly(dimethylsiloxane) microchips”, Electrophoresis, 24, 3253–3259, 2003.
- Woo-Jin Chang, Demir Akin, Rashid Bashir, “Poly(dimethylsiloxane) (PDMS) and silicon hybrid biochip for bacterial culture”, Biomedical Microdevice, 5(4), 281-290, 2003.
- Tom T. Huang, Woo-Jin Chang, Demir Akin, Rafael Gomez, Rashid Bashir, Nathan Mosier, and Michael R. Ladisch, “Microfiber assisted fabrication of microfluidic channels using PDMS”, AIChE, 49(11), 2984-2987, 2003.
- Woo-Jin Chang, and Yoon-Mo Koo, "Interconversion and disproportionation reaction among cyclodextrin homologues in aqueous two-phase forming solution", Biotech. Letters, 22, 651-654, 2000.