Ph.D., Environmental Engineering Sciences, University of Florida, 2007
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Lehigh University, 2004
M.S., Thermal Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, 2002
B.S., Thermal Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, 1999
- Fuels from sunlight (photoreduction of CO2 to fuels; solar hydrogen; concentrated solar reactor)
- CO2 capture and utilization (functionalized CO2 sorbents; CO2 fixation by microalgae)
- Nanomaterial synthesis and characterization
- Energy storage devices
- Pollution control (emissions control from combustion sources; atmospheric pollutants; wastewater treatment)
- Aerosol science and technology
- Li, Y., Ehrhard, R., Biswas, P., Kulkarni, P., Carns, K. Patterson, C., Krishinan, R., Shiha, R. Removal of waterborne particles by electrofiltration: pilot-scale testing. Environmental Engineering Science, in revision.
- Li, Y., Zili, Z., Wang, W.N., Biswas, P. Photocatalytic reduction of CO2 with H2O on Mesoporous Silica Supported Cu/TiO2 Catalysts. Submitted to Applied Catalysis B: Environmental.
- Suriyawong, A., Smallwood, M. Li, Y., Zhuang, Y., Biswas, P. Mercury capture by nano-structured titanium dioxide sorbent during coal combustion: Lab-scale to Pilot-scale Studies. Aerosol and Air Quality Research. In Press.
- Li, Y., Suriyawong, A., Daukoru, M., Zhuang, Y., Biswas, P. Measurement and capture of fine and ultrafine particles from a pilot-scale pulverized coal combustor with an electrostatic precipitator. Journal of Air & Waste Management Association. 2009, 59 (5), 553-559.
- Li, Y., Daukoru, M., Suriyawong, A., Biswas, P. Mercury emissions control from coal-fired flue gas using potassium iodide: bench- and pilot-scale studies. Energy & Fuels. 2009, 23, 236-243.
- Li, Y., Murphy, P. D., Wu, C. Y., Powers, K. W., Bonzongo, J.-C. Development of silica/vanadia/titania catalysts for removal of elemental mercury from coal combustion flue gas. Environmental Science & Technology, 2008, 42, 5304-5309.
- Li, Y., Murphy, P. D., Wu, C. Y. Removal of elemental mercury from simulated coal-combustion flue gas using a SiO2-TiO2 nanocomposite. Fuel Processing Technology, 2008, 89, 567-573.
- Gao, J., Bonzongo, J-C., Bitton. G., Li, Y., Wu, C. Y. Nanowastes and the Environment: Using Mercury as a Model Pollutant to Assess the Environmental Fate of Chemicals Adsorbed onto Manufactured Nanomaterials. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 2008, 27 (4), 808-810.
- Li, Y., Wu, C. Y. Kinetic Study for Photocatalytic Oxidation of Elemental Mercury on a SiO2-TiO2 Nanocomposite. Environmental Engineering Science, 2007, 24 (1), 3-12.
- Li, Y., Wu, C. Y. Role of Moisture in Adsorption, Photocatalytic Oxidation, and Reemission of Elemental Mercury on a SiO2-TiO2 Nanocomposite. Environmental Science & Technology. 2006, 40, 6444-6448.
- Li, Y., Lee, S. R., Wu, C. Y. UV-Absorption-Based Measurements of Ozone and Mercury: An Investigation on Their Mutual Interferences. Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 2006, 6 (4), 418-429.
- Romero, C. E., Li, Y., Bilirgen, H., Sarunac, N., Levy, E. K. Modification of boiler operating conditions for mercury emissions reductions in coal-fired utility boilers. Fuel. 2006, 85, 204-212.