Ph.D. Environmental Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis, 2007
M.S. Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Denmark, 2003
B.S. Environmental Engineering, Tongji University, 2000
- Environmental Biotechnology and Microbiology
- Biological Wastewater Treatment
- Bioenergy Technology
- Microbial Fuel Cell Technology
- Bioelectrochemistry, Bioremediation
- He, Z., Kan, J., Wang, Y., Huang, Y., Mansfeld, F. and Nealson, K.H. (2009) Electricity production coupled to ammonia removal in a microbial fuel cell. Environmental Science & Technology. 43 (9), 3391-3397.
- He, Z., Kan, J., Mansfeld, F., Angenent, L. T. and Nealson, K.H. (2009) Self-sustained phototrophic microbial fuel cells based on the synergistic cooperation between photosynthetic microorganisms and heterotrophic bacteria. Environmental Science & Technology. 43 (5), 1648-1654.
- He, Z. and Mansfeld, F. (2009) Exploring the use of electrochemical impedance spectroscopy in microbial fuel cell studies. Energy & Environmental Science. 2, 215-219. (Cover Article)
- He, Z., Huang, Y., Manohar, A.K. and Mansfeld, F. (2008) Effect of electrolyte pH on the rate of the anodic and cathodic reactions in an air-cathode microbial fuel cell. Bioelectrochemistry. 74, 78-82.
- He, Z., Shao, H. and Angenent, L.T. (2007) Increased power production from a river sediment microbial fuel cell with a rotating cathode. Biosensors & Bioelectronics. 22, 3252-3255.
- He, Z. and Angenent, L.T. (2006) Application of bacterial biocathodes in microbial fuel cells. Electroanalysis. 18 (19-20), 2009-2015.
- He, Z., Wagner, N., Minteer, S.D. and Angenent, L.T. (2006) An upflow microbial fuel cell with an interior cathode: assessment of the internal resistance by impedance spectroscopy. Environmental Science & Technology. 40 (17), 5212-5217.
- He, Z., Minteer, S.D. and Angenent, L.T. (2005) Electricity generation from artificial wastewater using an upflow microbial fuel cell. Environmental Science & Technology. 39 (14), 5262-5267.