Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin, 2006
Biomedical Informatics, Image Analysis, Geometric Modeling, Numerical Simulation, 3D Visualization
- Z. Yu, G. Yao, M. Hoshijima, A. Michailova, and M. Holst, "Multi-Scale Modeling of Calcium Dynamics in Ventricular Myocytes with Realistic Transverse Tubules", IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 2011. (in press)
- G. Yao and Z. Yu, "A Localized Meshless Approach for Modeling Spatial-temporal Calcium Dynamics in Ventricular Myocytes", International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, 2011. (in press)
- J. Wang and Z. Yu, "Quality Mesh Smoothing via Local Surface Fitting and Optimum Projection", Graphical Models, 73:127-139, 2011.
- J. Wang and Z. Yu, "Surface Feature based Mesh Segmentation", Special Issue on Shape Modeling (SMI'11), Computers & Graphics, 35(3):661-667, 2011.
- L. Wang, Z. Yu, and C. Pan, "Medical Image Segmentation Based on Novel Local Order Energy", Proceedings of the 10th Asian Conference on Computer Vision, pages 148-159, Queenstown, New Zealand, 2010.
- Z. Yu, "A List-based Method for Fast Generation of Molecular Surfaces", Proceedings of the 31st Int’l Conf. of IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pages 5909-5912, Minneapolis, 2009.
- Z. Yu, M. Holst, T. Hayashi, C.L. Bajaj, M.H. Ellisman, J.A. McCammon, and M. Hoshijima, "Three-Dimensional Geometric Modeling of Membrane-bound Organelles in Ventricular Myocytes: Bridging the Gap between Microscopic Imaging and Mathematical Simulation", Journal of Structural Biology, 164(3):304-313, 2008.
- Z. Yu, M. Holst, and J.A. McCammon, "High-Fidelity Geometric Modelling for Biomedical Applications", Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 44(11):715-723, 2008.
- Z. Yu, M. Holst, Y. Cheng, and J.A. McCammon, "Feature-Preserving Adaptive Mesh Generation for Molecular Shape Modeling and Simulation", Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modeling, 26(8):1370-1380, 2008.
- Z. Yu and C.L. Bajaj, "Computational Approaches for Automatic Structural Analysis of Large Bio-molecular Complexes", IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, 5(4):568-582, 2008.