The FIRST Tech Challenge
Welcome to 2013-2014 FTC Season!
The FIRST Tech Challenge is an intermediate robotics competition, designed for 14- to 18-year-old high-school students, where teams of up to 10 students working alongside mentors apply real-world math and science concepts to solve an annual challenge. Students compete and cooperate in team alliances at sport-type tournaments that are ultimately helping to create the next generation of technology leaders. Through their involvement with FIRST, students discover the rewards of collaboration, develop a deeper understanding of innovation and engineering, and learn the importance of Gracious Professionalism™. To participate in the 2013-2014 FTC season, you must first register your team into FIRST’s Team Information Management System (TIMS): http://www.usfirst.org/roboticsprograms/ftc/registration?id=750
Congratulations to the 2013-2014 Wisconsin FTC State Championship Award Winners!
- Motivate Award: Team 4116: Scrapyard Scots
- Connect Award: Team 7974 Half & Half
- Rockwell Collins Innovate Award: Team 6701 MAD Robotics
- PTC Design Award: Team 6981 Hortonville Robotics
- Think Award: Team 4605 RoboHackerz
- Inspire Award: Team 4140 Fish in the Boat
- Inspire Award, 2nd Place: Team 4106 Supposable Thumbs
- Inspire Award, 3rd Place: Team 5972 Patronum Bots
- State Championship Finalist Alliance: Team 7974 Half & Half, Team 265 Viking Robotics, Team 4116 Scrapyard Scots
- State Championship Winning Alliance: Team 5972 Patronum Bots (Captain), Team 4106 Supposable Thumbs, Team 4605 RoboHackerz
Information for Teams
Find information about FTC, starting a team, building and programming a robot, and contacting Wisconsin FTC on the Team Resources page.