The Molecular Biology and Microscopic Imaging Facility
The following techniques and services are offered by the Molecular Biology and Microscopic Imaging Facility:
- Access to state of the art equipment needed by investigators.
- Maintenance of the equipment, including calibration, part replacement, and
decontamination as appropriate.
- Training in the use of the equipment, so the investigator obtains the highest
- Consultation in molecular biology techniques and alternative approaches
to addressing scientific questions.
- Technical training in molecular biological techniques.
- RNA/DNA/protein isolation
- Gel electrophoresis
- Microbiological techniques
- Northern/Southern/Western blotting
- Molecular cloning
- Cell culture
- cDNA library construction and screening
- PCR and PCR fingerprinting
- Competitive RT-PCR
- Ribonuclease protection assays
- RNA/DNA sequencing
- Gel shift assays
- In situ hybridization
- BAC library construction