The Curriculum in our School-Age Program helps children:
- Focus on developing positive relationships, foster a caring community, and practice living in a democracy.
- Develop skills sufficiency – taking responsibility for their things and their actions(e.g. tying their shoes).
- Learn to be problem-solvers and decision-makers.
- Play a key role in planning and implementing projects.
- Stretch their imaginations.
- Value experimental learning and broaden their understanding of the real world by giving opportunities to act and dramatize.
- Practice life skills that they can use throughout their lives(e.g. baking, sewing, working with tools).
- Enjoy leisure activities (e.g. sports, clubs, crafts).
- Explore their community by taking field trips throughout the year.