Biomedical Sciences: B.S. Biomedical Sciences
Biomedical Sciences Submajor
Admission Criteria - Professional Training
The following requirements must be met before beginning the professional course (junior and senior level courses) of study:
- Completion of a minimum of 86 semester hours of course work, including all required courses and General Education Requirements of UWM,
- An overall minimum UWM grade point average (GPA) of 2.5,
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 in the specified science courses:
Chem: 102, 104, 221, 341, 342, 501
Bio Sci: 202, 203, 325, 383
CLS: 301-305, 427, 428
- A minimum grade of C in all Jr. level science courses.
Students must complete the following steps in the application process:
- Complete the Biomedical Sciences application form and return it to the Biomedical Sciences department office (Enderis Hall, Room 411) by December 1.
- Submit an autobiography along with your application form describing yourself, your accomplishments, any work experience including health care, why you have chosen the Biomedical Sciences as your profession, and your future goals. It should be typed on standard size paper (8.5 x 11). The length should be one page, double-spaced.
We highly recommend that you schedule an appointment in November with the Student Affairs Office (414) 229-2758 to review your transcripts and go through a degree audit to ensure that your academic records are in order.
Admission Requirements to CHS Professional Program for students without a CHS background
The College of Health Sciences welcomes students from other academic areas on the UWM campus, and students transferring to UWM from other institutions. Students planning to transfer into any of the College's majors should meet with an advisor in the Student Affairs Office to plan their curriculum as early as possible. Most students find that a number of their courses transfer in meeting specific program and General Education Requirements (GER) needed for graduation. Students may meet with their advisor in person or by phone; quick questions to advisors may be handled by e-mail as well. Please call (414) 229-2758 for an appointment or information.