For more information about the Health Care Administration Studies programs, contact:
To schedule an academic advising appointment for the B.S. Health Care Administration or the Health Care Administration Minor, contact:
Health Informatics & Administration:
B.S. Health Care Administration
It is the vision of the B.S. in Health Care Administration Degree Faculty to produce research, education, and service that are innovative and excellent. New knowledge, needed services, and graduates who assume leadership roles in entry level health services practitioners are the program contribution to society.
Faculty, staff, students, and alumni are the program's greatest assets. The program cultivates diversity within these groups of individuals. To support these individuals, the program continuously enhances their personal learning, advancement, and work environment. The program strives for a fair level of compensation to its faculty and staff.
The program functions in a manner that provides a fair return to those who invest resources in it. The program is interdependent with the College of Health Sciences, and the program supports the work of the college and contributes to its overall success.
In pursuit of this vision, the program recognizes that five values are particularly important:
- Respect for the dignity of each individual;
- Fairness in matters of compensation, benefits, promotion and tenure, scheduling, grading, resource allocation, and handling disputes;
- Accountability of individual faculty, staff, and students to each other, the program, the college, the university, and the larger society;
- Continuous improvement in the quality of the work faculty, staff, students, and alumni; and
- Teamwork among students, faculty, staff, and alumni and openness to change and innovation.