Health Informatics & Administration:
M.S. Health Care Informatics
The Health Care Informatics (HCI) Program welcomes applications from all academic disciplines. Interested applicants must first meet the admission requirements of the UWM Graduate School. Please consult these requirements at:
In addition to Graduate School requirements, those applying into the Health Care Informatics Program must:
- Submit GRE scores taken within the past five years. Note, this requirement is waived for applicants who already hold a masters or doctoral degree.
- Complete the following foundation requirements or equivalents prior to admission into the program. (Individual course exemptions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Credits earned in these courses do not count toward the degree.) HCI foundation courses provide a basis for subsequent coursework:
- HCA 102: Health Care Delivery in the U.S., 3 credits or BUS ADM 756: Health Care Delivery Systems, 3 credits
- CL SCI 301-305: Human Pathophysiology, 5 credits or CL SCI 701 & 702: Human Pathophysiology I & II, 6 credits.
- HMS 270: Statistics in the Health Professions, 3 credits or BUS ADM 210: Introduction to Management Statistics, 3 credits.
- Basic proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.