Margaret Hirschfeld, B.S., RTR M
Clinical Assistant Professor, Radiologic Technology Clinical Coordinator
Northwest Quadrant Building B, Room 6582
Phone: (414) 229-2326
- M.S. (in progress), Adult Education with an emphasis in instructional design/organizational development.
- B.S., Health Sciences, University of St. Francis, Joliet, IL, 2009
- Radiologic Technology, Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital, 1989
Margaret’s affiliation with UWM began in the fall semester of 2013 in the capacity of part-time adjunct faculty for UWM’s College of Health Sciences School of Radiologic Technology Program. Her role was that of Clinical Instructor which gave her the opportunity of working one on one with the students, in the patient care setting, an assignment that she enjoyed immensely.
Margaret is now the Clinical Coordinator for the Radiologic Technology Program. Though her duties are numerous, below are a few of her responsibilities.
- Supervision of the clinical education experience of the radiology students, ensuring that the clinical sites are in compliance with (JRCERT) standards.
- Ensure radiology program policies & procedures are current, & support the students learning.
- Maintain duties & responsibilities associated with the Department of Biomedical Sciences of UWM.
- Perform student clinical education evaluations.
Margaret is registered and licensed in both Radiologic Technology (1989) and in Mammography (1997). In her off time she enjoys gardening, hiking, & spending time with her family.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT)
- American Society of Radiologic Technology (ASRT)
- Wisconsin Society of Radiologic Technology (WSRT)
- Southeastern Wisconsin Educators of Radiology - SWERS (Secretary 2009-2010)