Susan M. Stalewski, MBA, MLS (ASCP)
Interim Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, Director eLearning, Clinical Associate Professor
Office of the Dean
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Online and Hybrid Teaching and Learning
- K-12 education leadership and policy
- Professional development and engagement in
medical laboratory science
Phone: (414) 229-5992
Fax: (414) 229-2619
- MBA, Keller Graduate School of Management
- B.S., Medical Technology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Interest & Expertise
Professor Stalewski's major focus is undergraduate education in disciplines related to Biomedical Science including Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis and medical diagnostics. An additional area of expertise includes the study of Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
Professor Stalewski has undertaken a number of initiatives to improve student engagement and learning. Instructional technology expertise includes “clickers” Second-Life, Podcasting, and integration of rich media. Professor Stalewski is a certified instructor in Online and Hybrid teaching (awarded 2010) and delivers several fully online courses each year. She is an active member of the UWM Assessment Council, General Education Reform, and the UWM Digital Futures project. She is a member of the steering committee for Renewing Our Commitment to Undergraduate Education for the Higher Learning Commission.
Professional activities include the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science – board of directors 2001-2011, serving as president of the Chapter in 2009-10. She has been a member of the West Allis-West Milwaukee Board of Education since 2004, and is currently serving as the president.
- Joanne Lazirko Award for Excellence in Teaching with Technology, 2011
- UWM Academic Staff Outstanding Performance Award, 2011
- American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science – WI Member of the Year, 2011
- UWM LTC Online Teacher Certification, 2010
- College of Health Science Dean’s Outstanding Service Award, 2008
- College of Health Science Byong Kim Award for Teaching Excellence, 2005
- UWM Academic Staff Outstanding Teaching Award, 2004