Physical Activity & Health Research Lab
Department of Kinesiology
UWM - Putting Exercise Physiology into Action
Faculty, staff and students study the effects of exercise, physical activity and inactivity on human physiology and public health. The laboratory examines glucose and metabolic regulation, obesity, physical activity promotional strategies, mediators and moderators of physical activity behavior, and methodological improvements in assessing physical activity and obesity. The laboratory's integrated approach to scientific study covers multiple populations, including older adults, healthy and diseased adults, all from diverse social cultural backgrounds. The laboratory has strong ties to community organizations, offering an ability to conduct both laboratory and community based research.
- Identify determinants of exercise, physical activity and inactivity induced changes in health
- Identify mediators of physical activity and inactivity behavior
- Develop approaches to increase physical activity and exercise behavior and decrease inactivity in the treatment and prevention of disease
- To promote physical activity and exercise adoption and healthy aging
- Disseminate information regarding the impact of exercise, physical activity and inactivity on human health
- Educate and train future scholars
Laboratory Contact Information
2400 E. Hartford Ave.
Enderis Hall, Room 434
Milwaukee, WI 53211