Physical Activity & Health Research Lab
Student Research & Activities
Student Theses & Dissertations
Walters, Tygh J. "Assessment of Free Living Muscle Activity and Physical Function in Young and Older Adults"
Wheeler, Lynn. "Validation of Hand-Held Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis For The Assessment Of Body Fat In Young And Old Adults"
Dondzila, Christopher J. "The Association Between Physical Activity And Bone Mineral Density In Postmenopausal Women"
Gennuso, Keith. "Efficacy of the Current Guidelines for Resistance Training to Improve Physical Function in Older Adults"
Rote, Aubrianne. "An Examination of Habitual Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviors, And Body Image in College Women"
Ewalt, Lauren A. "A comparison of daily physical activity levels between children with and without a congenital heart defect"
Serwe, Katrina M. "Walking and the Workplace: Effectiveness of Two Walking Programs Designed To Help Women Meet Physical Activity Recommendations"
Dondzila, Christopher "EXAMINING MEDIATORS TO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AS A LINK TO INTERVENTIONAL EFFORTS AIMED AT INCREASING ACTIVITY LEVELS AND IMPROVING PHYSICAL FUNCTIONING IN OLDER ADULTS"
Rote, Aubrianne "An Examination of Habitual Physical Activity, Sedentary Behaviors and Body Image in College Women"
Lenz (nee Grimm), Elizabeth. "Relationship Between Sedentary Behavior And Health In Older Adults"
Travel to Research Conferences
- American College of Sports Medicine 2013, Indianapolis, IN
- International Conference on Ambulatory Monitoring of Physical Activity and Movement 2013, Amherst, MA
- Gerontological Society of America 2012, San Diego
- American College of Sports Medicine 2012, San Francisco
- American College of Sports Medicine 2011, Denver
- International Conference on Ambulatory Monitoring of Physical Activity and Movement 2011, Glasgow, Scotland
- International Congress on Physical Activity and Public Health 2010, Toronto, Canada
- International Society for Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 2012, Minneapolis
What Are Our Graduates Doing Now?
- University Professor
- Associate Researcher in an Exercise Physiology Laboratory
- PhD Programs
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program
Hospitals and Clinics
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist working in Cardiac Rehabilitation programs, Diabetes Prevention and Education programs, and Weight Management Clinic
- Health and Productivity Coordinator for a local government
- Human Resource Director
Industry: Medical or Fitness
- Associate Clinical Account Specialist for a medical device company
- Application Training Specialist for a company that manufactures and sells metabolic and body composition assessment equipment
- YMCA Club Coach at Les Mills