- About CIE
- International Admissions
- Study Abroad
- Academic Programs
- Institute of World Affairs
- Immigration Information
- Useful Information
Health Insurance for International Students
Starting in the Fall 2013 semester, ALL international students will need to purchase UWM arranged health insurance unless you fall under one of these exceptions:
- UWM health insurance plan offered to graduate students with assistantships, AND UWM approved medical evacuation and repatriation coverage
- Government sponsored health insurance approved by UWM, AND UWM approved medical evacuation and repatriation coverage
- Health insurance coverage provided by a spouse or parent who works in the U.S., AND UWM approved medical evacuation and repatriation coverage
If you do not fall under one of the above mentioned exceptions, you are required to purchase the UWM arranged health insurance. Here's how to apply:
- Go to www.sas-mn.com
- Under the blue tab that says "College" click on "Find my School."
- Select "Wisconsin" from the drop down menu.
- Select "Univ of WI-Milwaukee -- International Students" from the drop down menu.
- Click on the link that says "2013-2014 Purchase Online."
- The insurance application will appear. Complete all areas according to instructions.