- About CIE
- International Admissions
- Study Abroad
- Office Information
- Getting Started
- Ready to Apply?
- Cost and Funding
- Getting Ready to Go
- Already Abroad?
- Welcome Back!
- Information for Special Students
- Information for Family & Friends
- Academic Programs
- Institute of World Affairs
- Immigration Information
Study Abroad Cultural Insurance Services International
UW-System policy requires that all students who participant in international education programs purchase Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) insurance for accident and health, repatriation, and medical evacuation.Important information:
- University of Wisconsin Milwaukee Coverage Plan Information
- UWM ID#: STB009987900
- Assist America - 24/7 Medical/Security Assistance ID #: 01-AA-CIS-01133
- Toll-free Assist America # (when calling from the US): (800) 872-1414)
- Worldwide Assist America # (collect calls accepted): (609) 986-1234
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.culturalinsurance.com (includes policy holder log-in portal)
- CISI Participant Portal Login Information
While travelling with your group, it is important to contact CISI immediately following any incident requiring medical care (If you are having trouble contacting CISI yourself, the study abroad office can help).
Seek medical assistance for any incident that you think may require service. CISI will not cover expenses for follow-up medical service in the United States if an incident report was not been started while abroad.
Most hospitals, clinics, and doctors abroad will not accept CISI insurance at the time of service. This means that you (or the sick or injured student) will have to pay for the medical care, then later submit a CISI medical claim form for reimbursement (medical service fees are NOT the responsibility of UWM or the study abroad office). It is thus very important that you collect and safeguard all medical service receipts.