- About CIE
- International Admissions
- Study Abroad
- Getting Started
- International Health Insurance
- Coming Home
- Academic Programs
- Institute of World Affairs
- Immigration Information
Application Information for UWinteriM, Spring Break, and Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Online application: Note: The CIE Study Abroad Office is currently transitioning to a new online application system. It will be available after August 1, 2011. The online application requires that cookies be enabled in your web browser. When you click the link, you should get a prompt asking you to accept a certificate. Click the button to accept (not examine) the certificate until you see a page titled "New Program Application."
- $250 deposit: Deposits, trancripts and recommendations should be turned in to the CIE study abroad office (Pearse Hall 166). Your $250 deposit includes a $50 non-refundable application fee (remaining deposit money applied to overall program fee). This deposit, minus the $50 application fee, is refundable if you are not accepted into the program. Make check or money order payable to "UWM." Deposit refunds may take 2-4 weeks for processing.
- Copy of unofficial transcript: UWM students, order online for free. Non-UW-Milwaukee students must submit an official transcript from their home university.
- One academic recommendation: This may come from a professor or instructor, someone who knows you and is qualified to comment on your academic achievements in your major area of study.
Note: Each of these items must be submitted to the CIE Study Abroad office (Pearse Hall 166) by the application deadline for your application to be considered complete. If you are sending application materials via expedited mail service (i.e. UPS, FedEx, DHL), please use our office's street address:
CIE-Study Abroad Office
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
2513 E. Hartford Avenue, Pearse Hall 166
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53211
- Have a valid passport? If not, apply for one NOW! Passports are valid for 10 years; you should apply now even if you are only thinking about participating in a program.