J-1 Exchange Student: Cost Information
You will be required to submit a financial verification when you apply to UWM proving that you have enough money to support yourself when you are here on exchange. You will need to show that you have access to the sum noted on the financial guarantee form.
Please be aware that you will need to pay for the following expenses while on exchange at UWM:
- Room & Board (this includes meals): ranges from $3700 - $5400 per semester depending on room choice (may cost more if living off-campus or for Kenilworth Square Apartments.)
- Student Segregated Fees: approximately $605 per semester (all students must pay these fees)
- Text books: approximately $350-500 per semester (yes, they are expensive!)
- Health Insurance: approximately $833 per academic year
- Additional costs include personal expenses (recreation, movies, etc.), travel expenses, and miscellaneous expenses
These sums are only estimates and may vary. You should have access to more money than the amounts noted here for unforeseen expenses and in case of emergency.
Payments of any fees or tuition posted on your PAWS account can be accessed and paid via PAWS, or at the Cashier's office on the second floor of Mitchell hall, room 285. More up-to-date information can be found here: http://www4.uwm.edu/bfs/depts/bursar/payment-methods.cfm.