Global Action Through Engagement (GATE)
A Summer Program for High School Students, JULY 16-19, 2014
in becoming leaders
in your community!
Do you want to have an impact on your community and the world? Concerned with social justice and social change? Have you always wondered how you can make a difference? Ready to get a jump on what college life is like and learn valuable skills for college?
GATE will introduce you to global issues through:
- interactive simulations
- small group activities
- thought-provoking discussions with your peers, university students and speakers
- developing strong leadership skills in problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict-resolution.
- building career and college skills in cross-cultural communication, critical thinking, digital and media literacy, and how to be competitive in a global marketplace.
In 2014, GATE will focus on the global theme of human rights, with an emphasis on identity and community in local, regional, and global contexts. WATCH for updates about speakers and activities!
HOW TO APPLY:
- REGISTRATION APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED: Please complete and return via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, facsimile: 414-229-3626 or U.S. Mail: Attn: Dina Wolf, Institute of World Affairs, UW-Milwaukee, PO Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53211
- Registration Fees: $390 (Includes all instructional and recreational materials and expenses, Sandburg Residence Hall housing and meals)
- Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 25th
- A limited number of need-based scholarships are available. These scholarships are only available for the GATE program. To apply for a scholarship, please download the Scholarship Application and follow the application instructions for submitting to Dina Wolf
If you are interested in GATE or have questions, please contact Dina Wolf at (414) 229-3312 or email@example.com.