skip to content

Transfer Process

Current UWM Students

The transfer process requires a release of your SEVIS record from one educational institution to another.  If you plan to transfer from UWM to another institution an immigration coordinator will need a copy of your admission letter to the new institution and your completed and signed transfer out release form before a Transfer Form can be signed.

New UWM Students

If you are a new student and plan to transfer to UWM, we will need your current school to complete a SEVIS Transfer Form.  Please be advised that this form is required to ensure that your immigration status in the SEVIS system is transferred properly between your current institution and UWM.  If you are currently on practical training, you must also completed this form and submit it to ISSS.  Your current school is responsible for transferring your record in SEVIS to UWM.