- About CIE
- International Admissions
- Study Abroad
- Academic Programs
- Global Studies
- International Studies Home
- Certificate Programs
- Program on Sustainability and Peacebuilding
- Program on Sustainability and Peacebuilding
- Institute of World Affairs
- Immigration Information
Off Campus Career Resources
- UWM subscribes to this valuable resource for international job seekers, including country career guides and job postings. You must enter using this link, and log in with your UWM ePanther ID and password.
- Many postings for positions with EU international organizations, NGOs, Think Tanks, etc., including internships.
Japan Exchange and Teaching Program (JET)
- Offers participants the opportunity to serve in local government offices as well as public and private elementary schools, junior and senior high schools.
- Job board for Hispanic and bilingual professionals.
- Answers questions about moving and teaching in a foreign country.
Monster.com's "Work Abroad"
Society of American Travel Writers (SATW)
- Must be a member to access database, and membership requires sponsorship/nomination.
- Great starting point for international career research, with many articles and useful links.
What Color is My Parachute? Author's Site
- Contains some good articles and links to begin the career search process.
Best Places to Work in the Federal Government
- For help in choosing promising opportunities based on the Partnership for Public Service's analysis of federal employee surveys.
- Brings together resources across the government agencies to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies and succeed in the global marketplace.
Foreign Policy Association
- Visit the Job Board on this site to find many positions based in D.C. and overseas.
Government - A Networking website
- A social network for the government community to connect and share information.
Making the Difference/Call to Serve
- Call to Serve, a joint initiative between the Partnership for Public Service and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), is dedicated to helping you learn more about careers in the federal government.
Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH), 2010-11 Edition
- Department of Labor's The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives. The Handbook is revised every two years.
- Department of Labor's ONet lets you browse related careers or search by skill and the information cuts across all sectors, public and private.
- An agency of the federal government devoted to world peace and friendship.
U.S. Department of State
-Click on the Careers link for information on work with the U.S. Department of State, including the Foreign Service Officer application process.
International Business & DevelopmentCommunication Initiative
- Excellent site for those interested in working in the related fields of communication and sustainable development.
-The largest provider of recruiting and business development services. Helps connect to the information and people that makes development happen.
- A guide to career opportunities within the U.N.
- The social network for suatainability which has a great interactive map to explore jobs.
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Job registry for positions in international education. Also includes tips on starting a career in this field.
Dave's ESL Cafe
- Information on and postings for teaching English as a second language (ESL) positions.
Go Teach Abroad
- Students can read reviews from former teachers of specific teach abroad programs and schools. It's a great way for students to compare and get advice about overseas jobs before applying.They can also use our Teaching Jobs Abroad Board to check for new jobs posted everyday.
Institute of International Education (IIE)/Fulbright Teaching Programs
- Program for recent university graduates to serve as English Teaching Assistants in Belgium/Luxembourg, France, Germany, Hungary, Korea, Taiwan and Turkey.
Teach English Abroad
CIEE Teach Abroad
- This is a professional association website, for the Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Milwaukee World Trade Association (MWTA)
- The MWTA is an education and networking organization for Milwaukee-area professionals working in international business. It holds monthly education sessions and meetings, and organizes the WI International Trade Conference each May; students and non-members are welcome. The MWTA member directory, posted on the site, is a great resource for researching local area companies doing business abroad.
NGO / Non-Profit
Idealist.org - Action Without Borders
- Information and postings for positions in nonprofits.
InterAction Member Directory
- This is a GREAT comprehensive list to conduct research on NGOs.
Placement Services / Student Clubs
- Work and volunteer/intern abroad programs and information.
ProWorld - A social Enterprise Model
- ProWorld taps into the vast travel and education sector to provide powerful and cultural experiences to its participants by involving them in conservation projects.
- International internships in partnership with grassroots local organizations
Experiential Learning International
- Internship and volunteer opportunities highlighting community engagement